Friday, March 6, 2009

Falcon Tavern


www.falcontavern.com
780 W Idaho Street

Time: 4-6 Daily
Special: 2 for 1 pints and other rotating daily specials
Rating: 4 martinis
Smoking: No
Other mentions: Full menu. Beer and wine but no liquor.

The Falcon Tavern is a great little pub in the heart of downtown Boise. It isn’t a large place but is efficient with what it has. There are about 10 seats at the bar and about 12 2-4 top tables for dining or just enjoying a beer or two after work. During nice weather, there is seating available on the patio, making for some great people watching.

I arrived right at 4 anxious to start my weekend. There were already a handful of folks at the bar and a few tables full. I chose a 2 top along the back wall. I was unfamiliar with most of the beers on tap so the server kindly brought me a couple of samples. The beer was tasty and the atmosphere nice. By about 5:30 all the tables were full, as were the seats at the bar. I can see why this place has a great appeal.

While I didn’t order any food this trip, I have on other occasions. They have the basics of pub fare covered, such as burgers and sandwiches but they also provide several salad choices and daily specials. The prices are reasonable and the portions generous. I will definitely go back and most likely soon!

No comments: