Thursday, May 21, 2009

Red Feather


246 N 8th Street
www.justeatlocal.com

Needing a break from riding our bikes around in the heat, we decided to pop into Red Feather to sample their martini offerings. They actually are only serving one martini and have two cocktails.

The line up:
Quintesence
Plymouth Gin, Vya Dry Vermouth, Olive

Tolerance Juice
Absolut Vodka, Fresh Ginger, Fresh Lemon, Pineapple, Housemade Ginger Ale

Dejabrew
Tequila, Cointreau, Fresh Lime, Fresh Grapefruit, Farm Fresh Egg White, Rhubarb Bitters

Since Plymouth Gin is one of my faves, I was delighted to see it for the martini selection. The Quintesence was tasty but it was not an award winner. It is certainly a drink I would order again but it didn’t have any distinguishing qualities. It was just another martini in my book- a good, solid martini.

The Tolerance Juice was fantastic. The ginger was a great highlight of the drink and really came through in the finish. There was certainly a lot going on in this drink and took a few sips to really break it down but tasty anyway! I saw them make this drink and the Ginger Ale was not homemade but Seagram’s brand.

The Dejabrew was too weird for me. I am not a big fan of the frothy egg white. It creeps me out a little. The other problem with this drink is the over powering tequila. The tequila really over shadowed the delicate flavors in the drink.

We can’t say too much about the service as we only ordered up one round of drinks and no food, so our order was pretty simple and we didn’t stay long.

No comments: