Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Boise Fry Company


www.boisefrycompany.com/
111 Broadway, Suite 111

Time: 4-6 M-F
Special: buy one pint, get one free; buy one small fry, get one free
Rating: 3 martinis
Smoking: no
Other mentions: seating outside

Tucked away in an unassuming strip mall just on the outskirts of downtown is the Boise Fry Company. They opened their doors a few months ago specializing in fries and having burgers as sides. The day I visited, they had seven different fry options with three of those grown in Idaho. I had no idea they served beer as well until just recently. So here I am.

Happy hour is from 4-6 Monday-Friday and includes buy one pint, get one free and buy one small fry, get one free. They only have three handles but all three are high end beers. Unfortunately, two of them were IPAs and the third not far off. With only three handles, it would be nice to have a different type of beer on each. The upside, one of the handles was from a local brewery, Highlands Hollow.

The service is order at the counter style. Seating is available with regular tables, long bar style tables, and outdoor seating. Wireless internet is available but don’t expect to find outlets to keep the computer charged.

My fries arrived in a fun cylinder like holder and I was directed to doctor them up at the “Seasoning Station”. I found several different salts, including salt & rosemary, salt & vinegar, Cajun, Vanilla, and JalapeƱo. I didn’t see any salt & pepper. For sauces, I tried the black bean, roasted garlic, chipotle, and regular ketchup. I was intrigued by the blueberry ketchup option but not enough to try it. I stuck with the regular ketchup.

The Boise Fry Company is certainly worth a try whether for happy hour or for lunch. The fries are great and the beers are just as good quality. It isn’t the bar style atmosphere of some of my reviews but variety is good.

No comments: