Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Lobby

www.thelobbyboise.com
760 W Main Street

Time: 4-6 M-F
Special: $2 wells, drafts, and house wines
Rating: 4.5 martinis
Smoking: no
Other mentions: Martini Wednesdays 4-7 house martinis $6; $1 PBR pints on Wednesdays; Specials during all Bronco and Vandal games and during Monday Night Football; bike racks

Due to my crazy travel schedule as of late, I was long overdue to try out The Lobby. Taking over the space formerly occupied by Lush, it is in prime downtown real estate- on Main between 8th and Capitol. They have done a great job with the remodel brightening things up while still providing a cozy feeling. They also promote local artists with their works on display, I believe on a rotating basis.

On this brisk evening, I sidled up to the bar and thought it appropriate to order a Widmer Brrr (it didn’t disappoint!). They do offer a fine selection of beers on tap that will fit anyone’s liking. There are a few wine options as well and of course a full bar. Everyone seemed very friendly, staff and patrons alike. I felt right at home here.

They have a few TVs around for folks to watch whatever game happens to be on but they didn’t distract from the bar experience at all. They blended in well with the tastefully decorated lounge.

I was lucky enough to have Adam, one of the proprietors, as my bartender on this visit. He told me they are working on permits for outdoor seating and an outdoor grill so they can serve food. Both will be great additions to this fine establishment. This is definitely a place to which I plan to return again and again. Once they get the food going, it will be moved up to a 5 martini rating!

No comments: