Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jumpin' Janets

547 Vista Avenue

Time: 4-7 M-F
Special: wells 2 for $3 (really a very strong double for $3!)
Rating: 4 martinis
Smoking: no
Other mentions:

My friends and I decided to pop in here for happy hour yesterday. I was very happy to see the "no smoking" sign on the door when I entered. I was also pleased to find happy hour is a double for $3- M-F 4-7.

This particular evening table service was provided. The server was friendly and quick. After a couple of drinks, we thought it would be smart to order some food and were surprised by the menu options available- sandwiches, salads, and burgers. One friend ordered the spicy chicken sandwich ($6.75), while i shared a prime rib dip ($7.75)with the other friend. Both sandwiches came with a side salad.

This being somewhat of a dive bar, we really didn't have high hopes for the food but were hungry. Well we were VERY surprised at what we got. The salad had romaine lettuce with tomatoes and grated cheese (no iceberg in sight!). The chicken sandwich wasn't a fried chicken patty but a chicken breast with a tasty sauce. The dip was an amazing amount of sliced prime rib, not deli meat in the least, served up on a tasty roll with a very nice au jus.

I came here for the happy hour; I will return for the food!

No comments: