Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Murphy's

Time: 4-6 Monday – Saturday
Special: 2 for 1 Beer, wells, and appetizers
Rating: 3 martinis

While the outside of Murphy’s remains relatively unchanged, the inside has undergone big changes from the days I used to frequent it in the mid-90s. The bar has been expanded greatly with several tables, a designated bar area separate from the restaurant, and many TVs for game viewing. The restaurant also offers up plenty of free parking!

I met Dan for this happy hour. I ordered a vodka soda with lime and he ordered one of the Bighorn Beer on draught. I was surprised they brought the free drink out at the same time so I did end up with a bit of a watered down drink. I could understand if it was busy inside making it difficult to keep track of drinks but there were only a couple of tables filled.

For appetizers, we ordered up the nachos and the tuna roll. They were both very tasty and more than adequate to accommodate our hunger. The nachos had plenty of cheese and beans. The roll had a yummy, spicy sauce drizzled over the top- not too much yet just enough.

While this won’t become a regular stomping ground, I will definitely be back!

No comments: