Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Café Ole

www.cafeole.com

8th Street Marketplace
*some call this BODO but technically BODO is the new construction and this is not. The buildings even have signage at the doors stating “8th Street Marketplace”.

Time: 4:30-6 M-F
Special: 2 for 1 drinks (any drink!)
Rating: 4 Martinis
Smoking: No
Other mentions: Free chips and salsa and a $3 all you can eat taco bar (only in the bar). Each day offers up different food specials. Cell reception can be spotty if seated in the back corner of the bar.

I met up with 8 others this particular evening. The bar is rather large so it was easy to accommodate all of us. Several folks ordered a variety of margaritas, including one frothy pink one. By the multiple orders of margaritas, I will assume they were to everyone’s liking. I had my usual Vodka and Soda and it was very satisfactory. The server brought us several baskets of chips served with beans and salsa. Their chips are soooo good. Considering the size of our party, I found the service to be acceptable, however the clearing of our table of the empties was very slow. We really didn’t need to show off how much we can drink! I will definitely return (it also helps that it is across the street from my office too!).

No comments: