Thursday, July 9, 2009

Parrilla Grill

1512 N 13th Street

Time: M-F 4-6:30
Special: $2.50 domestics, $2.50 wells, $3.50 micros, and $1 off pitchers
Rating: 3 martinis
Smoking: no
Other mentions: Full Bar, seating outside, daily specials

Technically I didn’t make it during happy hour but Parilla Grill does have daily specials. I went on a Thursday for the $1 taco special. That is right! $1 tacos all day Thursday! I could choose from steak, pork, chicken, or veggie on either corn or flour tortillas. I opted for one chicken on flour and one veggie on corn. I had them throw on some corn salsa and pico de gallo and I was set! My friend and I headed outdoors to their lovely patio, sat at the bar, and ordered up some cold beverage. Thursday also happens to be $1 off all drafts.

The restaurant was busy for mid-day Thursday. People rode up on bikes, some had dogs, and some were punching away on computers. Parilla Grill draws a diverse crowd with its tasty and affordable offerings. The tacos were yummy and healthy. The beer selection was simple yet provided an option for everyone. The location in Hyde Park is perfect for those wanting to get out of downtown but not too far out or those just getting back from the foothills.

No comments: