Thursday, May 4, 2006

Martini Mix-off ~ Day 4

Last Thursday marked round 4 of the Martini tour. We are beginning to feel the effects and are slowing down the pace.

We began at Happy Fish. Margie joined us at this stop! Cory was our bartender and mixed us up an Effen Martini and an Asian Persuasion. Eric and I went with the Effen, while Margie tried the Persuasion. Christi tried the unnamed martini that will make it to the finals.

I liked the Effen as it was made with Vodka. Finally a martini made with vodka!!! It was a simple take on the classic with vodka and Lillet Blanc, Kalamata olives for garnish. I found it to be crisp and light, easy to drink. Eric wasnt a big fan but then he likes that piney gin taste.

The Asian Persuasion was made with Ruby Red Absolut, Ruby Red Grapefruit juice, and Lychee syrup, with a Lychee garnish. It was refreshing and reminded Margie of summer. It actually only had a mild grapefruit flavor. It was very tasty.

The unnamed was made of Sake and Midori. It was smooth and melony with the look of antifreeze.

Stop 2 Thursday was at Ha' Penny. We didn’t have to stumble too far for this one.

Here, Dustin was creating the Dirty Plymouth and Orange Cream Dream. Eric and I went dirty; Christi went dreamy; Margie went home!

The classic was quite tasty with the Plymouth and the olive juice. I am a big fan of the dirty martini and finished off with the garlic stuffed olive encouraged me to sip away.

The Orange Cream Dream was nice but not Christi’s favorite. It had Vanilla Absolut, Cointreau, orange peel, and sweet and sour.

We ventured off to Bittercreek after that and chatted with bartender Michael while the storm passed. It was pouring rain outside so we had to have a beer!

Eric: I’ve decided, I’m not a fan of martinis south of Front Street
Eric: Ill get it down, but its rough
Christi: It was better than I expected
Table close by: Were just really cheap like that
Eric: I have a stud finder
Eric: I’m here to be the butt
Eric: I don’t think he is that hot
Eric: I think that is the only dirty tool I own
Christi: you might want to try it on your sore muscle

No comments: