Friday, May 5, 2006

Martini Mix-off ~ Day 5

Last Friday was the big mix off event! We still had a few tickets so we decided to get an early start. We met at the Reef for our first round.

We were greeted by Peter; turns out we met Peter at an earlier stop at Red Feather and he more than remembered us!

Eric and I went with the Exoverboard. A blend of Martin Miller Gin and Cointreau garnished with an orange twist.

Christi went with the Tangerine Rangoon- Plymouth gin, honey, tangerine, lime, and cinnamon with a splash of pomegranate grenadine.

Both of these ‘tinis were very tasty. The orange in the ex balances the gin and provides it with a tasty citrus flavor. It was smooth and crisp and too drinkable. The Rangoon was slushy and had a distinct cinnamon essence to it. We could have had another of each but we had a long night of drinking ahead of us. so off to Koi we went.

Peyton greeted us at the bar of Koi. The bar was small and felt a bit cramped, but close to the windows allowed us some people watching.

Eric and I went with the Koi Classic~ Absolut Vodka and Sake. It was tasty but not like a classic martini. We definitely could taste the Sake and it took Eric a long time to drink his (that rarely happens!).

Christi enjoyed the Lemonchello martini. I only was able to discern that Lemonchello and Razzmatazz were ingredients but was unable to get the rest. This ‘tini was really yummy but it reminded me of a cosmo or something similar. It didn’t stand out from the rest but I definitely would order it again.

Our bartender was swamped the whole time and we never were able to receive the one-on-one we love so much (no fault of hers).

Off we were to the Art Museum for the big event. I called in the morning to confirm the time 7- at least 11. We arrived at 8. They were out of goody bags, food, and almost out of martini glasses. It didn’t appear that many people were there either. We tried to get our favorite martini but that wasn’t an option either. They had a couple of bars set up with bartenders making the normal fare. The event didn’t seem well organized and we were pretty disappointed. So we had our drink, we said hello to our favorite bartenders, and off we went. I suppose this goes back to Eric’s earlier quote I’ve decided I don’t like martinis south of Front Street.

After a brief viewing of WWE folks leaving the Grove Hotel, we popped into one of our favorite hangouts- Gernika- where Triton and Michael took great care of us. Perfect way to end the evening.

Quotes:
Peter: I guess I don’t know last names
Eric: maybe I’m thinking of the cucumber
Eric: that’s big
Eric: mines loose
Kristi: He did say something about squeeze it a little harder.
Kristi: touch it there. Right there.
Triton: I’m easy
Kristi: I must have spread right
Eric: He had the cutest little ass
Kristi: He wouldn’t do it
Kristi: they got me in and out
Kristi: It’s hard for me to do it myself
Eric: I’m drunk
Eric: you pounced upon my leg
Christi: I’m going to sit on my arm tonight
Kristi: Remember, I’m kind of a guy
Eric: I’m dripping. but I am

No comments: